DR.Das.MD
DR.Das.MD, MD
Experience:  More than 20 years experience in managing medical problems
3452947

I have some brownish itchy spots on my thighs what could

I have some brownish itchy spots on my thighs what could that be ?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Maybe a month now they pop up itch an go away in a couple of days but levels a brown spot that over week or tow start fading away haven’t tried anything really
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No haven’t had any problems before I have a poor diet at the minute if that might indicate anything
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This are the spots if this helps

Welcome and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a few minutes.

These look like spots of atopic dermatitis.

Atopic dermatitis occur as a result of an immune response of the skin. It especially occurs in areas of friction - for example in the creases of the limbs . On the thighs , it can occur due to friction with clothes or when the thighs rub against each other when walking etc.

Deficiencies of nutrients, especially Zinc and vitamin b can make the skin more prone to developing atopic dermatitis.

The main treatment is to keep the skin well moisturized with a good oil or moisturiser and drinking plenty of fluids to keep hydrated.

You can also apply a mild steroid ointment like 1% cortisone when a spot appears = this will help the spot to clear up faster without leaving any mark.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for that I have another question I have some spots on my butt as well but they seams to be different and they are very itchy as well can’t really stop scratching them some times especially before bed time
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have scratched them before taking the photo

These are infected hair follicles.

Please apply a warm pack on the spots for about 4-5 minutes and then apply Triple antibiotic ointment twice a day. Also apply the Cortisone cream once daily.

They should clear up in about 7 days.

Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.