dr afrasiabi
dr afrasiabi, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine
18172373

I have had a cracked-lip in the corner for more than a week

Customer Question

Good evening, I have had a cracked-lip in the corner for more than a week and it won't go. I tried acilovir, blistex, cleaning the wound regularly or just letting it dried, nothing worked. i don't smoke or drink and it's been three days I am taking immune system vitamines... nothing changes. what should I do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor yet. Just took put blistex on the wound a few times a day when it is dry or feels dirty.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry it is a bit gross.
Expert:  dr afrasiabi replied 12 days ago.
These are usually a sign of allergy to something you come to contact with. Something you eat or new hygiene products. You will have to do some investigative tricks by eliminating one item at a time and see what helps and reintroduce them to see if it comes back. Could be anything from lip balms to tooth paste. Think to see what has change.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Well nothing really that is the issue... Never been allergic to anything also. Should I let it dry out or moisturise?
Moisturize gently