wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I wanted to talk to a professional about my skin, Nope, Nope

Customer Question

Hi, I wanted to talk to a professional about my skin
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I believe I might have have the worst skin ever. My Face drips of oil from my nose and forehead and I have tried every possible type of moisturiser (dry skin, normal skin, combination, oily skin). From research, I believe I have dehydrated skin because after a shower, if I were to not apply any products, my skin feels tight and dry and then 5-10 mins later will start to produce oil. I read that using a cleanser without Sodium laureth sulfate would help but I haven't seen any real improvements. No matter what I apply to my face, my forehead and nose always produce oil and sweat. Furthermore, I have had blackheads near my nostrils for as long as I can remember and they also never seem to disappear. I feel like i'm the only one walking around with oily skin that can't be controlled. Please help, thanks!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

How old are you?

m/f?

How can I help?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
24, M
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 days ago.

This is not something you are going to be able to fix with over the counter products or an online medical consult.

So. What to do?

You need to consult with a dermatologist in person. After examining you she may want to do a skin scraping or even a full thickness biopsy. Once these data are available then a prescription strength, directed treatment plan can be started that I am confident will clear things up for you.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS