Precious Osula
Precious Osula,
Experience:  GP at NHS/Private
106915327

I have a cyst on my head and I was to GP with it and told me

Hi. I have a cyst on my head and I was to GP with it and told me to google it to seek specialist advice
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: It is there for 1 year. Yesterday evening has broken and a little liquid got out of it
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing

Do you have a picture of the cyst you can attach?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have but on the other phone, now I am at work but I will be home in the evening and I will attach it, is that ok?

can you describe the cyst?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there doctor?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is about the cyst
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When it was not broken, I went to GP coz it was disturbing me a little...GP told me to go to a specialist but never referred me, told me to google a specialist...I am concearned about it because it had broken now, I am afraid it will get infected or maybe is cancerous

Ok, what you have there is a sebaceous cyst

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it had broken out and a liquid started to flow from it, is there any chance that it will heal byself or it has to be sugically removed as soon as possible??? What would be your advice doctor?

It depends on how much came out of it. If the pocket of the cyst is still there, it can always fill back up again. But surgery in this case is not as soon as possible

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is broken just as you can see on the photo, not much change in 2 days. The pocket is still there. So you would recommend surgery as soon as possible???
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Or I missunderstood??

No I said already surgery is not indicated as soon as possible, that can be done routinely, Your GP or someone else he sends you to can do it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I will try to go again to GP on Monday to see what can we do next. Thank you for advice

No worries, all the best, do warm compresses also as it would help soften the liquid to make more come out