Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

How to grow thin temple hair thicker?

How to grow thin temple hair thicker?

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

This is an early stage of ‘male-pattern’ baldness.

The most effective treatment is usually a combination of topical Minoxidil e.g. Regaine and oral Finasteride (1mg).

The former is widely available from pharmacies/supermarkets etc and the latter can be obtained here:

https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/mens-health/hair-loss

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tension sensation on top right scalp after I I permed it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It feel like a sharp sensation sometimes then it will go then I'll feel tight sensation

When did you perm your hair?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
August 2019

As long as the scalp appears healthy, I’m struggling to attribute this symptom directly to the perm. Typically this type of sensation is referred from the upper neck and is due to some mild tension/irritation to the nerve(s) that innervate this area. Performing daily neck physiotherapy exercises/stretches can often help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your time you been great

You’re very welcome, all the best.