Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

Why do we lose subcutaneous fat from our faces but it

Why do we lose subcutaneous fat from our faces but it increases in other areas, where we don't want it (like stomach)? Even if we maintain a healthy weight? How do we prevent this? (Female)
Hello.
I am Dr VazSV.
I am here to help you.
There is a difference in the composition of the fat around the abdomen and the face.The abdominal fat is constituted by the visceral fat, peritoneal fat and the subcutaneous fat... most of these tend to grow over age and is the last to be utilised for metabolism when energy stores go down..whereas the subcutaneous fat in the face is very minimal compared to the abdominal fat...the shape of the cheeks is constituted by the jaw bone and the facial bone anatomy along with the masseter which is the main muscle responsible for the jaw movements...You can improve the cheeks by doing facial exercises regularly which help in the lifting of the masseter and keeps the tone intact.
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.Kind regards-Dr VazSV
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you in getting your doubt cleared.I wish you a sound health always.May I remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (and help me get credited for my professional efforts and time).A bonus is highly appreciated with thanks.We can simply continue here until you are satisfied. Please click the reply box to continue.Kindest regards-Dr VazSV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are facial exercises the same as face yoga? So losing the subcutaneous fat in the face is directly related to metabolism? Are there any other reasons? Thanks
Facial exercises are almost the same as the yoga...but have to be done meticulously...In general, the subcutaneous fat in the face is related to the metabolism...it might also be related to weak muscles and low fat diet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you mean by "meticulously"? Also do you have any good resource links to facial exercises?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
in theory, if you have a good/fast metabolism, you shouldn't lose too much fat in the face?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions
You can try watching them on you tube... some channels have specific exercises to give a good facelift especially around the cheeks..Regarding your other question... actually it's the other way round... people who are in stress or have increased basal metabolic rate tend to lose the facial fat more faster than the other areas...
Thanks for acknowledging my efforts...
Much valued.
In general, healthy fresh milk based diets tend to increase the face fat without adding much to the total body weight ..
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The reason why I avoided facial exercises is that I was told it can give you wrinkles faster, because you are exercising your face and thus stretching the skin out...?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks, I'll have more milk, yoghurt, cheese etc...
Appropriate exercises with a proper diet will help in proper toning of the skin and muscles without causing wrinkles or sagging of the skin
If there are no further questions and you are satisfied with my reply, may I kindly remind you to rate my answer.Wish you all good health..Seasons greetings for a merry Christmas..Kind regards-Dr VazSV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have one more question to clarify, how do we know if a facial exercise is "appropriate"? how do we measure this or detect it? thanks
There is no specific measuring techniques unless you consult a cosmetologist who might do a skin thickness assessment by calipers...it can be assessed only by regular exercises...A cosmetologist or therapist can give in more inputs..Serial photograph assessment without any enhancing techniques or make up / foundation can give the original face framework which can be followed up regularly
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much for giving me a good rating.Take care.Kind regards-Dr VazSV