dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My wife has 'acquired' over the last few weeks a

Customer Question

Good Morning. My wife has 'acquired' over the last few weeks a dermatological problem on both legs. This is from just below the knee down and on to each foot. Our GP has prescribed epe derm cream but is most ineffective and we feel an specialist in dermatology iw now necessary. Most of the skin in those teo area is flaking and leaving deposits round the house. We are both extremely concerned about this as the skin is drying out very rapidly. Her normally pale skin is now quite red down the lower part of each leg. On walking - now very difficult and painful - the flexible joint just below the ankle has - has opened in and due to the movement of walking is proving difficult toe heal. The GP prescribed 'Fucibet Cream' for that problem but due to the joint movement has meant is is very difficult or almost impossible to heal. Can you please let me have your comments on this difficulty and how it may be resolbved. We live in Sunderland . Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?
Customer: Yours sincerely,
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing in her past has ever been seen lile this and is so worrying. Gordon Trewhitt.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 13 days ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani