Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have a couple of small growths on the side of my mouth.

hello - I have a couple of small growths on the side of my mouth. I've tried cold sore creams with no effect, and am unsure if they are cold sores anyway. Could you advise on how to get rid of them?thanks

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

The photo is a little blurry - would you be kind enough to upload another one for me please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi hope this is better

Still a little bit blurred, but better - thank you.

These appear to be small filiform warts - I think you will be able to recognise some common features with the lesion in this picture:

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
yes that looks right
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what can I do about them?

The most effective way to treat these would be to freeze them (cryotherapy) using a wart-removal pen that you can obtain without prescription from the pharmacy/supermarket e.g.

https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy/medicines-treatments/footcare/warts-verrucas/endwarts-freeze-wart-and-verruca-remover-3ml-10244035

Obviously this is a sensitive area of skin so just try a short, precise application first to see how you tolerate it.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok great thanks,that's all

You’re very welcome, all the best.