the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I've been diagnosed with scabies but my gp isnt taking me

Customer Question

Hi, I've been diagnosed with scabies but my gp isnt taking me seriously when I say I'm infested. They are falling out of my hair and off my skin all the time. I am putting the cream on every other day and they are getting worse not better, my fingers and feet are now getting crusty but it is my hair and face that are the worst, they are hatching every day. This has been going on for months, at first everyone said I was nuts, now they have finally agreed but I am worried I shouldn't be going to work and have had to isolate myself from my family. I am having trouble breathing an diarrhoea, I feel depressed and agitated and the itching is driving me insane. The nhs say the creme will work but it's not and I am going nuts. I have read there is oral medicine for infestations but the nhs wont prescribe. I wanted to get a private appt before I put others at risk. Thank you
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I have noticed hair loss and an itchy scalp for a year along with rashes on my face and hit flushes. NHS said I was hormonal. My son got lice in dec so we all treated ourselves. At same time I had flu. From the beginning of December this has been going on. You can see them come out of me in the bath and on my floors and worktops...its making me ill
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: What would be relevant? I take tyrosine, methylphenidate and lamotigine and stains? Statins not stains!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 6 days ago.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry yes, I still need help please.
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 5 days ago.

have you taken ivermectin?