How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 54858
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have this spot in the pubic area for 2 weeks now it's

This answer was rated:

Hello I have this spot in the pubic area for 2 weeks now it's black and painless I am not sure if it's is an ingrown hair follicle recently I had trimmed the area though and a tiny j
hair is visible .I have attached a photo.Thank you

Hello. I'm Dr Chip

I looked at your photo

Not herpes or a genital wart or any kind of STD or infection there

It is the same as an ingrown hair and it's called folliculitis

Totally benign and you can use an over the counter antibacterial ointment like Neosporin or Bacitracin applied twice a day for a week to clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you