Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I have always had this 2 shade mole on my leg but it has

Hi I have always had this 2 shade mole on my leg but it has gotten darker but hasent got bigger , I just had a baby 7 months ago and extremely stressed its cancer

A cancerous mole has an irregular outline with some signs of inflammation around it. It can cause itching or change in sensation when you touch it. It is usually raised from the surface of the skin. It increases in size over time.

Your mole has none of these characteristics and it is unlikely to be a cancerous mole.

Moles can darken during a pregnancy due to the eefects of the hormones.

Please consult a doctor for a direct examination but I do not think that this is a cancerous mole.

I hope the answer helped.
Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have being to the doctor and he said he would be very surprised if it was a cancerous mole, I am just really anxious , I am booked in to see a dermatologist next week , mine has 2 colours in it could this still be a benign mole .

I agree with your doctor - this is very unlikely to be cancerous mole.

Although your mole has two shades, it has none of the characteristics of a cancerous mole. A benign mole can have 2 shades too.

I hope the answer helped.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for your time, u have really reassured me .

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry just one more question do you specialize in skin