Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I think I have skin condition, and I just would like an

Customer Question

Hi there, I think I have skin condition, and I just would like an opinion on it? I can’t seem to get any answers and someone recommended me to ask a dermatologist
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Over a week a now, and it has significantly escalated in terms of wounds and it’s has spread majorly
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I’m aware of
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It’s started off as a typical mosquito bite as far as I know on my forearm, happened about 3 months ago. 3 months later, it’s swelled up and started oozing puss. After that, a nasty ras has appeared all over my body, very itchy, and scabbing. Looks like open wounds, and the original wound still oozing and just looks like it’s getting worse. It’s not healing, I’m on antibiotics and I just would like a second opinion as I’m desperate. Thanks
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 months ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
These are some of the Pictures
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pls take a look and tell me what could this be

Please hold on.

Just seen all the images and typing my response - please hold on.

Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema with secondary bacterial infection.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

But the other issue here is secondary bacterial infection for which I would suggest oral Clindamycin for a period of 7 - 10 days. I am specifically recommending this antibiotic because it has got excellent tissue penetration.

Topical application of Mupirocin can make a big difference.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, regards, ***** ***** skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

5. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

I usually suggest this with excellent results.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GO-USA-ENG-PS-Aveeno-GP-BM-RN-Body_NB_Eczema&utm_content=Eczema+-+Lotion&utm_term=%2Beczema+%2Blotion&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yXOYAMZVQerVzzTfmF-7nvL1To9FnWMe8x-G1kMsFvwhtTu364_csaApB3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yXOYAMZVQerVzzTfmF-7nvL1To9FnWMe8x-G1kMsFvwhtTu364_csaApB3EALw_wcB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani