dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My daughter has mixed race curly hair ,very dry scalp, small

Customer Question

hello, my daughter has mixed race curly hair ,very dry scalp, small amount white flakes in hair, she itches her scalp, ive just seen looks a little pale yellow in colour. i cant seem to get it to go- do you think gp woukd be ok or better private dermatology appt to find out exactly what the problem is. also just to add my husband is a painter and washes his paint out in the bath which obv i have asked him not to- could this be the cause? my head has also been dry/ itchy for some time too. thank uou.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: quite a long time. i just thought was dry scalp but now im unsure. i tried an apple cider vinegar and tea tree pil root rinse which helped last week, but ive looked today at her scalp and i think it needs looking at professionally.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 months ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Can you upload an image of the scalp and the white flakes which you are describing please?

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani