Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My boyfriend has had some strange Mark's appear on his arm

Hi, my boyfriend has had some strange Mark's appear on his arm and leg which he is convinced is skin cancer, they are raised and itchy but don't really look like hives. I have googled images of cancer and they look somewhat similar. My problem though is that he is suffering from depression and refuses to see a doctor, he is also very stressed at work and drinking way too much. My question is it usual for cancer to appear in two totally separate parts of the body at the same time and I wonder if you have any advise on how I can get him to see a doctor.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I am not sure if he will allow me to take photos of the marks as he is convinced that he would be better off letting it progress as it will. That is why I am worried but I am not sure how aggressively I should tackle him about it.
Ok in that case I will ask you some questions please.1. Have they appeared recently?
2. Has there been any recent change in color, consistency, surface, margins or diameter?
3. Are these in Sun exposed areas too?
4. Is he having multiple moles on the body?
5. Is there any family history of Melanoma?
6. Is there any history of exposure to UV radiation, which comes from the sun and from tanning lights and beds?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They have appeared within the last two months and developed over a couple of weeks, since then they have stayed pretty much the same. One is in a sun exposed area, the other not really. He has no moles that I know of. His mum died of cancer although it was not melanoma. He drives for a living and the mark on his arm is on the driver side but other than that just normal exposure. I am waiting for him to ring me and I will tell him I am talking to you. I will see if I can persuade him to send me a picture. Thank you for your help.
If you can upload me an image that will be superb.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hope this is good enough
Just received the image please hold on.
Thank you for getting back with the image for my better understanding.I would like to assure you that this is not looking like skin cancer.The possibilities here are -1. Ringworm which is a fungal infection and which can go on letters for weeks also.2. Atopic dermatitis or eczema.But I am glad to assure you that this is definitely not looking like skin cancer morphologically.If you want I will be glad to explain you more about the above two conditions so that you can be well informed before your next consultation please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much, you have more than earned your 5 stars. Have a wonderful day.