Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

Hair loss to much, maybe 10 days ago but is too much now, no

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: hair loss to much
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did hair loss first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: maybe 10 days ago but is too much now
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about hair loss?
Customer: no my first time
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: maybe 5 years ago i had alopecia areata but i put minoxidil and solve this problem
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience. ​

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and sex?

Can you send a picture of your hair loss areas?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call, that is not sent by me but generated automatically by the website, you can ignore it if you choose.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I AM 23 YEARS OLD MALE AND MAYBE 10-20 I REALIZED THAT DURING THE BATHROOMS AND WHEN I BAD IN THE HEAD I SEE A LOT OF HAIR FALLING OUT AND ALSO REALIZED THAT IT WAS LESS DENSE
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
THIS IS IMAGE IS TODAY WHEN I I HAVE PENTIED MY HAIR

Do you have a family history of baldness-your parrents, brothers, uncles, etc?

Did you have any serious illness or fever about 3 months back?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
MY FAMILY ARE BALDNESS BUT EVERBODY LESS HAIR AFTER 45 -50 YEARS OLD
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I HAD ALOPECIA AEREATA 5 YEARS AGO

Causes of hair loss are:
Male Pattern Baldness or Androgenetic Alopecia: this is the most common form of hair loss in males. It is a normal form of hair loss and occurs in more than 50% of males. It can occur very early in some men, specially those with a familial disposition.

Stress: any cause of stress , like a major surgery, personal problems, etc. can cause hair loss which occurs about a month to three months after the event.

High cholesterol: this can also lead to early hair loss.

Disease: the three most common diseases that cause this are diabetes, thyroid disorders and Lupus.
Nutrition; poor diets not rich enough in protein or iron.
Medications: drugs used for gout, depression, blood thinners, anti-hypertensives, birth control pills, chemotherapy.
High fever or other illness: hair may thin out after about three months of a severe illness due to stress.

Male pattern baldness is most likely for you. However you need to do blood tests to rule out additional causes like sugar, thyroid and cholesterol abnormalities.
If other causes are eliminated, then it is likely that you are having male pattern baldness.

The treatments that you can do is:
Iron supplements: you should take an iron supplement available OTC at pharmacies.
High proten diet
Minoxidil (Rogaine) : apply twice daily to the scalp. This is available OTC.
Finasteride (Propecia) : available on prescription for male pattern baldness.

You have to consult a doctor, preferably a dermatologist, and discuss about your problem.

Dont worry, these steps will help you to control the problem. COnsult a dermatologist so that this can be treated at the earliest.

Take care - wish you good health and a quick recovery. Stay safe.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and helped you in knowing what to discuss with your doctor if required.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating at the upper right corner, or a 'excellent service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.