Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I was wondering if you could help me please. i’m having some

hi! i was wondering if you could help me please. i’m having some trouble with my skin. my face just doesn’t have that natural glow. is this something that you can help with on this website? i wasn’t sure. many thanks :)
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: for many years now. maybe around 5. no concerns. i just don’t have a healthy look about me.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no :)

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

What concerns do you have with your skin?

Are you happy to provide a photo if that would help?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
my face looks really bad on photos. i almost look lifeless. you can’t really tell as much in real life. i kind of just have this unhealthy complexion/almost greyish looking skin. i do have quiet a poor diet due to lack of money. could this cause that?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you for helping me

Not a problem, lets see what we can do

So deficiency of certain vitamins could be the cause if you do not have a well balanced diet. This can also include iron and anaemia (more so if you are female due to periods). Sometimes a skin type can also be a contributing factor and a regular moisturiser and using sunblock when in direct sunlight would help improve this

Do you think any of that could be a contributing factor?

Do you have dry skin? and do you find it is difficult losing weight or easy gaining weight at all?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I definitely think it could be the diet thing that is causing this. because i’m really healthy apart from that.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i just find it hard balancing everything i should be eating a day. is there some sort of page that could help me with this?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I wouldn’t say I have dry skin, I have quiet oily skin.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have been anaemic in the past, but don’t believe I am any more.

I think it would certainly be worth discussing having a blood test with your GP.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i had a blood test not too long ago and was told i didn’t. i could try it again though :)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i was also put on iron tablets the lash time i was anaemic and it didn’t help the skin problem. i think it was due to not backing it up with diet.

I can find some useful information for you regarding diet. I would also consider taking a daily multivitamin if you are concerned it could be dietary - but the cheap non branded version are the same as the nice looking branded ones - so don't waste your money on the expensive one please (a pet hate of mine)

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i will do that, thank you so much!

I will look for some useful reference literature for you regarding diet - as this will take me 10mins or so, I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my response up until now, this allows me to receive a small percentage of the credit you have already paid Just Answer - this does not close the questions.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the only thing i seem to notice i do differently to others is my diet. i’m hoping changing that will solve the problem.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i’m more than happy to do that :)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
do i do that by pressing the top of the page?

Yes please, I think there is an option to accept the answer and/or click a number of stars

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
will it end the chat now if i do that?

No, that chat doesn't end until you close it

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
you’re very welcome :)

https://patient.info/doctor/healthy-diet-and-enjoyable-eating

This link is to a professional/medical article on health diets, there is more in depth information, but I will post a link that is more patient friendly. That way you can read which one suits you more

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you so much i appreciate this. do you recommend any other things to do to keep my skin natural?

Finally this one I cannot support as no references, but this is a useful article from the BBC

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/eat-your-way-fabulous-skin

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you so so much! these are really helpful
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i am wondering how long it would take for noticeable improvement. i think i get discouraged when i don’t see results quick.

General rule with any lifestyle change is about 4-6 weeks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
okay!! thank u so much :)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i think that’s all the help i needed, thankyou again :)