Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I have a skin condition and wonder if its roschea, A time,

I have a skin condition and wonder if its roschea
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: A long time, I've spoken to doctors about it but it's never been properly diagnosed. It's just on my face
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it using the paper clip sign just above the space where we are typing

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi yes I have photos but I cant see the paperclip sign

its here

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Found it
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (1L15T3G)

Thanks for the pictures. i will review them and get back to you in 5 - 10 mins with my recommendations.

hello

Thanks for the information.

i reviewed the pictures.

Its definitely rosacea.

Rosacea can be difficult to keep in check at times.

I would like to suggest the following modalities of treatment:-

1. metronidazole gel thrice daily is very effective.

2.. ivermectin cream once a day

3.. elidel cream twice daily.

You might require a prescription for these creams.

I understand that in the current pandemic, it may not be easy for you to get a prescription from your doctor. hence, i would recommend a few measures which should help:-

1. rosacea aggravates due to alcohol, spicy foods, smoking.

Hence i would request you to avoid all these.

2. Stress also aggravates it, recently we all have been stressed around the world. try some destressing things that you enjoy.

3. Sun or light exposure also aggravates rosacea. Its recommended to aplly a sunscreen before stepping out and also when you area at home as artificial sources of light can also aggravate it.

4. use a mild cleansing lotion like cetaphil.

5. moisturize your skin daily.

I hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much for that. Can I ask, would you advise tretoinin for it or not? Azelyic acid seemed to work very well so I could ask for a represciptuon of this.
Tanis

Tretinoin may irritate it at times. Hence I refrain from it unless really necessary. Azelaic acid is a good choice.

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern.

I have released the rating service application on your page .Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Dr kruti