How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 605
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

There are moe bumps or skin tags growing on my nose, Over 5

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: There are moe bumps or skin tags growing on my nose
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did the bumps first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Over 5 years ago, at first I did not worry
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Dermatologist will figure it out.
Customer: but they keep on growing
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the bumps?
Customer: Yes but that 5 years ago. Recently I went to see a nurse at my GP and she said It was skin cancer but she did want to confirm it
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I don't think so

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot

So are you asking for a second opinion from that of the nurse that you had seen?

Can you provide a photo please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just bear with me
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please find attached the pictures

Thank you. So I cannot comment as well as the nurse, as a face to face examination picks up a lot more than a photo. However this does not look like a skin cancer. They could be benign warty lesions, but it is most likely a condition called Rhinophyma

Rhinophyma is thought to be secondary to something called acne Rosacea. When it is like this, treatment is difficult with creams and if troublesome there are minor surgical treatments that can correct it

Does this help answer your question?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you very much.How much it is the minor surgery?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

This could be done through the NHS so there would be no charge. However if it was deemed as cosmetic you would have to have this done privately. Sometimes Dermabrasion can help but I would go see a dermatologist first

Please could you kindly rate my answer, this allows me to be credited for my response. Many thanks

Elliot Ruff and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK. Thank you for your help. I think i will go private.