Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Since oktober my skin started to get red, and also spots

Hi, since oktober my skin started to get red, and also spots appeared which does not seem to go away, now it is may and it is just getting worse, i noticed tny blood vessels appearing aswell, the research i have done says it could be rosacea
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did the spots first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: around oktober, no medication only skin products i tried
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the spots?
Customer: no haven`t seen one
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no particular medical history, i am 36 yrs old and it came out of nowhere

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

Are you able to send a photo of these please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hello, i have uploaded 4 pictures, i am not sure you are able to see them
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
for better visibility i have uploaded 3 more

Thank you. I would agree with your suggestion that this could be Acne Rosacea

The diagnosis is essentially clinical and treatment by trial of a topical antibiotic (Metronidazole or branded as Rozex)

If you speak with your GP I am sure they would issue this over the phone for you. I would try it for 3-4 weeks. If it helps then you would then be able to stop it and use it for future flare ups. Alcohol and sunlight are the main triggers for this

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
how likely that this will get even worse? on the bottom picture on my nose there is blodd vessels started to appear

Here is a website I find quite useful, the link should provide you with some information

It can get worse but treatment would certainly help stop this

Does this help?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
information on teh internet says it can not be cured, which is quite frightening to be honest

Acne cannot. But you can suppress it so you have no symptoms.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay thank you

No problem. I would not be concerned. It is more of a problem if it is left for years and results in scarring

Please could you kindly rate my answer as this allows me to be credited for answering questions, thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
one more question that came up, so it is not too late to start to see my gp? because it is now more than just blushing

No, most people do not attend with this for a while as most see how it goes as mild symptoms, but it would certainly be reasonable to contact your GP now. I would be keen to have a closer look, and if I still suspected Rosacea I would prescribe a topical antibiotic

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i have seen my gp and they prescribed Fucidin H, what do you think of that, sorry for asking more questions, they have just came up

For the rash you have shown me, I do not think Fucidin will help. Possibly the hydrocortisone part of the cream would, but I do not believe this is a staph cause and therefore Fucidic acid may not make a difference

Ask them to consider treating it as Acne Rosacea

Does that help?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i would rather see a dermatologist than a gp as they are not specialized in skin conditions
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you

Thanks - this is a GP condition to treat.