DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I think I may be getting some hair loss? All though I have a

Customer Question

I think I may be getting some hair loss? All though I have a lot of hair still, at the temples it seems that my hair has lost a little in patches in same place on both sides. I would like to know if it looks like I’m loosing my hair and can expect more hair loss?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 year ago.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Please upload a picture of the affected sites?

Thinning of hair?

Dandruff?

Itching?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any medical history?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thinning really, bit of dandruff but nothing noticeable no itching.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thinning of hair anywhere else either
Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

I reviewed your pictures.

Well as you describe, it sounds like male pattern baldness.

Male pattern baldness, also called androgenic alopecia, is the most common type of hair loss in men. If your hair loss begins at the temples you may have male pattern baldness.

One cause of male pattern baldness is genetics, or having a family history of baldness. Research has found that male pattern baldness is associated with male sex hormones called androgens.

You can try Rogaine.

Minoxidil (Rogaine) is a topical medication applied to the scalp. Minoxidil slows hair loss for some men and stimulates the hair follicles to grow new hair. Minoxidil takes four months to one year to produce visible results.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long would you say it takes to loose front hairline?
Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 year ago.

It may take a few months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bring this back up, but I have a thinning of hair on the top of my head too now and the sides of my head ear level have lost a lot of hair too. My hair is thinner all over really, this isn’t all within a few months. I’d say 1 month ago I had a full head of hair? What could this be? Could it be a serious illness as hair loss seems quite rapid
Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the follow-up.

As your hair loss is progressive you must see a dermatologist or your general physician for a clinical examination for further evaluation.

Comprehensive blood panel can be done.