GauravMD
GauravMD, Dr
Experience:  MBBS, DCH, DNB (MD), with special interest in Dermatology
239748

I have a birthmark on my face and was wondering what could

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a birthmark on my face and was wondering what could get rid of it
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Since 3 months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 3 months old no I dnt

Can you share a photo,?
Can you describe the birth mark?
Are you in a hurry to get rid of this, or would you like to wait till the COVID scare dies down?
Warm regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (67TG655)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s what it looks like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Honestly I’m not waiting for the Covid to die down, i just want to get rid of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the photo,

I think the treatment that you have suggested yourself "Expigment with hydroquinone" maybe worth trying in this situation,

It may certainly help in lightening the mark significantly.

If this does not work, here are a few more options that you can consider

https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/hyperpigmentation-treatment

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou but one more question, are these products safe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I heard that they may cause skin cancer eg hydroquinone

Hydroqunione is generally a safe drug. In fact in the USA it is available without even a prescription.

Here are some tips that can help avoid any problems with Hydroquinone,

Use hydroquinone concentrations no higher than 4%. Require patients using hydroquinone to use proper sun protection. Continue prescribing hydroquinone for no more than four to five months. Allow the skin to rest and restore itself for two to three months after hydroquinone therapy.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the product I mentioned called expigment is generally safe is that what you’re saying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because if going to buy a product I want to ensure that I’m aware of any possible damage it could do

Yes,

IT is regarded as generally safe, use it for a few months and then take a break for 2-3 months,

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The product is from turkey is that okay aswell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I heard it might gave mercury in it which is a substance they may use abroad

As per some of the instructions, it seems like a genuine product,,

Here are some tips on how

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

to use it.

EXPIGMENT 30G 1OZ HYDROQUINONE 4 % CREAM FOR SKIN BLEACHING SKIN LIGHTENING SKIN MELASMA

It has to be used responsibly though. You can use it twice a day, small amounts on affected areas for 4-6 weeks. It's also important to use a sunblock with it. Mild itching, redness, dryness or burning can occur although no serious side effects are known. In some cases prolonged use can cause hyper pigmentation instead

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the picture can you tell what my condition is called
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it’s hard to tell but I think that it’s not melesma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve had a hard time trying to find out what it is

Why do you think this cannot be Melasma?

Melasma involves symmetric, centrofacial distribution of light to dark brown patches with irregular borders

History of exacerbation with pregnancy, hormonal therapy such as oral contraceptives, and intense sun exposure.

Treatment of these types of hyperpigmented patches involves Combination approach with strict sun protection, cosmetic camouflage, skin‐lightening agents, chemical peels and laser therapy.

For a detailed scientific article about the different types of hyperpigmented patches on the face, read here

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/bjd.12536

For all types of treatment options, read this excellent article

https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/hyperpigmentation-treatment#options-for-each-skin-tone

I would request you to please give a POSITIVE 5 star rating by clicking the stars on the top right corner of your question so that I am compensated for the detailed discussion that we have been having.

I would be able to still answer any more questions that you have, even after you have rated me,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can’t be because I was born it and don’t have the history of people with melesma like pregnancy

Ok,

So this is possibly a birthmark, the treatment would be similar because we are symptomatically and superficially treating the melanin pigment containing cells with the hydroquinone and other treatment modalities, like chemical peels, dermabrasion etc.

I would request you to please give a POSITIVE 5 star rating by clicking the stars on the top right corner of your question so that I am compensated for the detailed discussion that we have been having

Dr. Gupta, MD