How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 13915
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I am just worried about my Skin condition, no, No, I do not

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I am just worried about my Skin condition
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I do not have any medical hisotry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have a skin condition on both my back of the upper arms. It started as a Goosebumps occurring regularly. Now It have turned into black spots on both the hands. Recently I am getting goosebumps on the right side of my chest and tummy. I am just worried about this condition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (M25QLZV)

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience.

Can you send a pic of the goosebumps on the chest and tummy?​

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jyoti, Thanks for your reply

Good morning

Please send a pic of the goosebumps so I can ascertain what they are

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not allowing me to send picture now

Just use the paperclip icon at the top of your chatbox

You already sent one pic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like normal goosebumps which is hardly visible. I live in Ireland and the climate changes very often. Now the paperclip Icon have become Invisible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used to spoke for an Year before and I have quit smoking now and I have changed to Vaping. I was just worries whether that causes this Skin type. I am getting into anxiety after looking this


This is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation left from acne.

Acne can cause such black spots after they subside.

The goosebumps that you describe are very likely to be of acne.

Therefore you need to do two sorts of treatment, anti acne treatment for the goosebumps when they come up and bleaching creams for the black spots that you have.

For the acne, you can try the following OTC ointments:

Topical OTC ointments: this is the first line of treatment:

Retinoids - Retin-A is one of the most useful ointments for this.

BenzoylPeroxide: Benzoyl peroxide dries up the skin and reduces oil thereby helping in curing.

These are OTC ointments available at pharmacies and you can use them on your own. They will help to cure the acne.

For the black spots your can use the following OTC ointments:

2% Hydroquinone ointments: apply twice daily

Botanicals: ointments containing plant based extracts like Kojic acid and Arbutin

Discuss with your pharmacist about these ointments, you can use any one from among these as different ointments are better suited to different skins, choose the one that suits you most.

You should also follow a good skin care regime. At night, first clean your face and other affected areas with soap and water. Apply an astringent. Then apply the acne medicine. Lastly apply a moisturizer gently. Follow this every night. This will help you greatly.

However if this does not work you need to see a dermatologist.

Take care - wish you good health and a quick recovery. Stay safe.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and helped you in knowing what to discuss with your doctor if required.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating at the upper right corner, or a 'excellent service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jyoti. I was just wondering. Because I am taking bath everyday for the past month in this winterweather. Will that make the condition worse and does that cause goosebumps on the skin. Is there anythng to worry about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have a dry skin and just wondering whether that can cause these conditions. Thanks

No, baths everyday will help, dont worry.

For dry skin you can apply a body petroleum jelly lotion like Vaseline body lotion

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is Perfect. Thanks for your suggestions again.

Thank you for the positive rating.

Remember to come back here if you have any other questions, I and other experts on the site are always ready to help you.

You can always request for me directly or begin your question with "for Dr. P. Jyoti", I will be very happy to be requested.

Stay home -stay safe!