Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Over the last 2/3 days I’ve had a sudden rash flare up on my

Over the last 2/3 days I’ve had a sudden rash flare up on my face, along with a large patch of eczema on my face. I’ve taken Piriteze for the last 2 days but I’m not sure if it’s helping. I am assuming an allergy rash but unsure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was my skin yesterday

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your photos. This appears to be a fungal rash rather than an eczematous rash. Is there any facial swelling or the rash only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is facial swelling also yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** I have contracted the fungal rash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what’s the best way to treat it ?

Thanks, ***** ***** lives on the skin normally, dry skin can be a route for it to infect the skin. I would suggest topical clotrimazole which you can get from a pharmacy. However as you have said that there is facial swelling, my concern is if this requires antibiotics, but certainly need examining

Would you be able to attend a walk in centre today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No unfortunately I can’t attend a walk in centre, is there anything else I can do in the mean time to help? I’ve taken piriteze once a day for 3 days now

Is the swelling getting worse do you think?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only slightly yes

Okay, so this does need reviewing. The one photo you had sent showed evidence of a fungal infection, the second photo of your face looks like there is swelling. If there is swelling, if it is around the eyes then there is a chance this could be a peri-orbital cellulitis. If this is the case, and there is a delay in starting antibiotics, this can damage your eye sight

If you can tell me your nearest town I can find your available options

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, my nearest town is High Wycombe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Buckinghamshire

Okay thank you. Are you able to travel by car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not today but a different day yes

Okay, well my advise would be get this assessed asap please.

Please could you kindly rate my response by clicking on the stars, thank you

I will post a link to what is available for you

Wycombe hospital is 0.3 miles from you and is open until 8pm

Sorry, from High Wycombe. On the link if you put in your post code it will provide the distances

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you

Thats my pleasure, please could you kindly click on the stars to rate my response - this is the only way I am acknowledged for responding to your question