dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I've had a patch slowly growing on my penis from around

Customer Question

I've had a white patch slowly growing on my penis from around October time. It has progressively got worse. No pain, no itchy, no scaling, just a flat blanched patch exclusively on the glans. Currently been prescribed some steroid cream for 6 weeks (mainly for mild phimosis) but also this patch which he suspects could be pityriasis. Doctor has said if it isn't gone in 6 weeks, I will get sent for a biopsy. Asked another doc on here who said blocked capilary (also stated it hadn't got worse) this was a urologist however so thought I'd ask a dermatologist.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (M4QMSVQ)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (3271S5M)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This one was October 2019
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the first two were today
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to add I've been using the cream for a week and seen no change in the patch. Only using it for 6 weeks for the phimosis. If it was just the patch the GP said it it would have been for a considerably shorter period
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 2 months ago.

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Thanks for the pictures. i will review them and get back to you in 5 - 10 mins with my recommendations.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 2 months ago.

hello

Please could I request you to send me the pictures if possible

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The pictures are above
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 2 months ago.

hello

thanks for your patience.

I can understand your concern.

I reviewed the pictures, there are two possible diagnosis:-

1. Vitiligo

2. Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus

These are the two possibilities.

vitiligo is a progressive disorder and would take time to resolve . It is discolouration of the skin. it can spread anywhere on the body.

Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus is a chronic inflammatory condition which presents as leucoderma and also acute and chronic balanoposthitis and scarring that can result in significant sexual and urinary dysfunction.

It is important to know what it really is, since you have associated phimosis, so lichen sclerosus et atrophicus, seems more likely. It would be advisable to go in for a biopsy to know the exact diagnosis.

I would advise you to continue the steroid cream till the exact diagnosis is known.

Elidel cream will be useful in both the conditions. it will require a prescription.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Expert:  Dermadoc replied 2 months ago.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care

I would request you to please accept the answer if you are happy with it, so I can get paid for the advice i provided.