christos kasparis
christos kasparis, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBChB, MRCP, FRCP (Lon)
109039644

I’m looking for some advice on my skin? ive been dealing

Hi I’m looking for some advice on my skin?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: ive been dealing with it for a while now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: not that I can think of

Hi I am Dr KAsparis, Consultant Dermatologist, please call me Christos. I can help with your skin problem , can you give me some description of it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it’s mainly in my forehead but also at the sides of my nose it’s like a lot of small bumps on those areas

Thank you do they itch at all or produce any pus or discharge? If you could upload some photos it would be extremely useful

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no they don’t itch or anything like that

Thank you , are you able to upload some images?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (3516153)

From the photo you have uploaded I can see features of acne on your forehead. Can I ask how old you are and whether you have had any treatment to this before I give you some advice on treatment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m 18 and I’ve never had treatment

OK from what I can see you have mild to moderate acne on the forehead with both inflammatory spots (red) and comedones (whiteheads). As you have not had any treatment my recommended treatment would be:

1. An oral antibiotic called Lymecycline 408 mg to take once daily for 3 months (as long as you have no known allergies to tetracyclines)

2. A cream called differin 0.1% to use at night for the same duration of time

3. avoid products such as moisturizing creams which are comedogenic (cause acne) or oily-check if you are using any

It should be straightforward to treat this problem but you will a prescription from your GP.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Please rate the answer at the end as this is the only way to get credit for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is There anything else I can do anything at the moment as i am unable to visit my gp at the moment due to the pandemic?

Yes you could start an over-the-counter treatment called acnecide 5%. This contains benzoyl peroxide which works in mild acne, be careful as it can stain clothes however. You can use it at night. A lot of GP surgeries offer video or telephone consultations due to the pandemic and they can issue prescriptions-ask you local GP, this would be preferable

Once again let me know if you have any more questions. If you are satisfied with the response please leave your rating at the end. Christos

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your time christos
Thanks for the feedback much appreciated