sofia khan
sofia khan, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

A blood has appeared on my wife’s face?! It comes and goes.

Hi there a blood spit has appeared on my wife’s face?!
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: It comes and goes. But it’s not the first time.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: None we know of.

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

if you can upload a picture of the lesion that would be helpful.

how did this bother her? any itching, burning, pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just appeared this morning. Has been before same place but tends to take about a week to go it’s bigger this time.

ok let me have a look.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no pain or itching.

Ok, Its taking a little while to load, bear with me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok,

I can give you a few possibilities with this appearance, because it would need further examination:

1. Spitz naevus. this is a type of naevus which may appear red or sometimes dark and pigmented. usually happens in children but can happen in adults. It needs to be examined under a microscope by a dermatologist. If it shows any suspicious features then it may need excision.

2. cherry hemangioma: a collection of blood vessels which appear as red spots. they are completely benign.

3. Reed naevus, which again appears similar to the naked eye but needs to be seen under a microscope. if there are any suspicious features resembling melanoma then this needs excision as well.

4. melanoma?

The lesion needs to be further examined. i would suggest you contact your GP and discuss a dermatology referral with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much much appreciated what a great service this is

You are welcome.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are happy with the response, Can I ask you to take some time to rate the consultation? Your feedback is very important for my professional growth and also for the fact that until you have rated the consultation we do not get paid for our work.

This does not mean that your query gets closed after that. You can come back as many times as you like through the thread and ask me further questions regarding this problem.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr Khan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr Khan

No problem at all.