sofia khan
sofia khan, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

Now that I have my allergy under control, could I please ask

Now that I have my allergy under control, could I please ask you what would be The best treatment for this Kind of acne? I have had acne since I was 13. All my life with better and worse moments. I can't deal with this anymore. Do you think it might be partially fungal?

its good to hear that you allergy is all settled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks so much better now, treated chest with hydrocortisone and The face with gentle cleanser and cicaplast only

acne is not caused by fungal infection. it happens due to excessive oil production. if your skin is oily, the oil can gets trapped inside the pores and is secondarily infected by p.acnes bacteria.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lots of hiperpigmentation of course but my face is cobered with bumps that are very visible even over make up, mostly in Natural Light. I suffer from Both blackheads and whiteheads, sebaceus filaments... and I don't know what I should do to treat it. Every time I try to be good with my skincare regimen, I get breakouts. I recently tried acids , I was very good. But it was getting worse. I tought it was purging but it was getting worse even after 5 weeks

Looking at you skin now, it looks like you have mild acne.

I can suggest 2 things:

1. firstly follow a regimen with the products that you can easily find every where.

that will consist of face wash twice daily, vitamin c serum 10 % in the morning and retinoid like adapalene o.1% at night with exfliating scrub 2-3 times per week.

or

2. if cost is not an issue, you can try this revolutionary brand called ZO skin care for which you will need to see a dermatologist or aesthetician through a medical spa.

the acne should clear away quickly even with the first option but to clear away the marks and complexion you should have either in office chemical peel or laser resurfacing done. this is what I normally do for my patients who are in similar situation as yours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have amy experience with successful treatment for this Kind of stubborn acne please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Could i exfoliate with 7%glycolic acid instead of phycial peel?

experience with treating stubborn acne! yes loads :)

we have treated all different innovative methods but basics still apply.

yes 7% glycolic acid is fine, start with twice weekly and gradually go up to 3-4 times a week.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. I'll do my best. Although I have recently added really Good spa nad my skin doesnt seem to like that much product
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spf*
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think alpha arbutin mixed with ascrobic acid would be Good as vitamin c?

yes alpha arbutin is good for pigmentation but i would suggest that once your acne is completely clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not a problem.

hope the advice was helpful. please don't forget to rate the consultation for me!

feel free to ask more questions, if you have any in this regard.

good luck.

Dr Khan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you be able to please provide A recommendation for a 10% vitamin c serum?

yes, the one from "the ordinary" range is good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again

no worries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bother you again but could you Tell me exactly which one you meant? They have quite A few vitamin c serums and Im trying to find best one for my skin. I think Im gonna try to use it with ultrasonic Ion spatule?

Try this one first.

https://www.theskinfit.com/product/the-ordinary-ascorbyl-tetraisopalmitate-solution-20-in-vitamin-f-30ml

once your skin is ready to step up you can then try vitamin c with ha spheres 23%