Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I keep breaking out have tried everything What do I do, My

I keep breaking out have tried everything What do I do
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My doctor is not great he said it's just acne. I tried star powa gummies they did not work and the only thing I'm having now it vitamin d3
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. thank you for your question. How long have you been having these break outs? Are you able to provide a photo of the rash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over the last year I get a lot of blind pimples And I got use anything oily on my face
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for a photo but I doubt I will have a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I can't afford the £34

Sorry - phone call offer is automated. Chatting will be fine for this

Are you able to take one and upload from your phone? Do not worry if not, but would make a diagnosis much easier.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really sorry I deleted the only selfie I had without makeup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently working so have make up on so that would not be helpful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning routine for the last month. Wash face with cerave cleanser followed by laroche past cleanser. Then use the ordinary be serum followed by cerave am moisturiser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evening. Make up remover. Wash face with cerave smoothing cleanser with exfoliator . Followed by the ordinary be serum and cerave pm moisturiser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a skin scan on laroche pissy website and the results were that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (VZVP61L)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually 2 minutes I can send a photo

Thanks. So generally outbreaks are a form of acne, either vulgaris or rosacea, but it is difficult to tell without a photo. I can let you know the management options if you like

If you can great, if not, post one this evening, we could continue this from then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6ZP4ZM2)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (44T4QLT)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's all I have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elliot I do not mean to be rude. It's my first time on this platform. Are you still there?

Hello, sorry you question had disappeared, but has popped back up. I am still here sorry. I will just have a look at your photos sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem thank you

Excellent, thank you for those photos. These do indeed appear like acne vulgaris. How long have you had them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On and off for over a year

How old are you please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have suffered with acne since teens but never like this

Thanks, ***** ***** certainly suggest this needs to be hit quite hard as you do have quite a few inflamed areas, and the medication options are quite successful.

Are you on an oral contraceptive? The reason I ask is some combined pills work very well for acne

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not on any medication. I have vitamin d3 daily as someone suggested it

Okay thanks, ***** ***** is a stepwise approach. I would jump up the steps initially, but it is what you feel comfortable with, the sooner you reduce the spots, the more likely you are to avoid acne scarring

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what treatment would you suggest

Starting with Benzoyl Peroxide (from a pharmacy), this dries the skin and reduces inflammation, then you can add a retinoid which is also over the counter, and you can get it in combination with Benzoyl peroxide.

The next step is adding in a topical antibiotic, this again is best used with a topical retinoid, again in a combination cream, but you would need a prescription.

Moving up is essentially the same, but switching the topical antibiotic to an oral antibiotic which you can take up to 12 weeks at a time - this is the option I would suggest for yourself. It would likely settle your skin down, hopefully so that you can return to your skin routine.

On that note, Roche to some great products in the Effaclor range

https://patient.info/skin-conditions/acne-leaflet/acne-treatments

This link is to a patient information leaflet in regards ***** ***** of the treatment options (probably much better written as I have explained)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Which retinoid would you suggest?

There is a good one called Differin which seems to work well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just searched for it, it would require a prescription, but can get this via an online pharmacy

But your GP would be able to prescribe it for you for free

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah ok thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In terms of my routine both morning and evening is that ok?

No worries, but plenty of options here - good luck with this, but be persistant!

Your routine - yes, but have a look at La Roche Effaclor range

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do. Thank you so much

Please could you kindly rate my response, this allows JustAnswer to acknowledge my response to your question, many thanks