Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I've had a smal, small rash on my face for about 2 months

Hi, I've had a smal
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: small rash on my face for about 2 months and it has been periodically flaring up every so often. I do not use any medication for it other than a moisturiser.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?
Customer: I have not
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: No

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the quick response, I have uploaded a picture attached to this response.

Please hold on - the image is downloading.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age please?

2. Are you having any small joint pains like fingers and toes?

3. Is there any stiffness of the spine or shoulder girdle or hip girdle?

4. Are you having any rash any where over the torso?

5. Are you running chronic intermittent fever?

6. Did you suffer from EBV anytime please?

7. Do you have early morning stiffness of joints?

8. Is there any family history of autoimmune disease?

9. Can you upload all the reports which you have in hand please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. 22
2. No
3. slight stiffness in left shoulder
4.No
5. No
6. No
7. No
8. No
9. I do not have any reports i believe

Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.

Initially I was more concerned about the rash as it resembled the butter fly malar rash of SLE. It can rarely happen in males too.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, redness, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

2. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

3. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

I usually suggest this with excellent results.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GO-USA-ENG-PS-Aveeno-GP-BM-RN-Body_NB_Eczema&utm_content=Eczema+-+Lotion&utm_term=%2Beczema+%2Blotion&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yXOYAMZVQerVzzTfmF-7nvL1To9FnWMe8x-G1kMsFvwhtTu364_csaApB3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yXOYAMZVQerVzzTfmF-7nvL1To9FnWMe8x-G1kMsFvwhtTu364_csaApB3EALw_wcB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for all your help! it's greatly appreciated :)

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.