Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I've been struggling with flaky scalp for weeks now, the

Good evening, I've been struggling with flaky scalp for weeks now, the worst moment is after blowing dry my hair, it's really itchy and I'm losing a lot of dead skin. I've been using a natural shampoo anti dandruff from THE BODY SHOP for months. I tried many times to leave oil overnight on my scalp with no results, I'm desperate! I
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?
Customer: 3 weeks I think and it gets red just because I scratch it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have a really delicate skin, so I always tend to use natural products and I have keratosis on my legs and arms, but actually it shouldn't affect it

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it using the paper clip sign just above the space where we are typing

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

In case you cannot send a picture, please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your prompt answer, I have few pictures I took during these weeks, I'll send it to you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File attached (QG4645Z)

Thanks for the pictures. i will review them and get back to you in 5 - 10 mins with my recommendations.

thanks for your patience.

It seems to be seborrheic dermatitis.

Since its an eczema, its recurrent. But we can always try to keep it under check.

I would recommend the following:-

the best treatment to treat it is to apply steroid lotion and anti fungal cream over it.

lotrimin cream mixed with cortisone lotion, twice a day for 2- 3 weeks.

washing with nizoral shampoo thrice a week is recommended.
After 2 weeks,, elidel cream can be considered for application. But it will require a prescription.

you can take oral antihistaminic tablet claritin 5 mg once daily in the morning for a week, to control itching, if any. Also it will help to control the allergic process and will be helpful.

Also application of coconut oil on the scalp will be beneficial.

Hair thinning is reversible. It will improve with treatment.

these are my recommendations, hope they are useful.

please feel free to ask me in case you have any queries.

hope this answer was useful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reccomend, but I'm a bit worried about using steroid cream and cortisone lotion, I have really delicate skin and weak hair, I don't even want to get my skin being "addicted" to those products and I mean not being able to leave without them or when I stop using the creams to get worse..thank you

hello

Thanks for your message. i can understand your concern, the next best recommendation would be application of protopic lotion(tacrolimus)

It is a very effective non steroidal option. You can use this instead but will require a prescription from your doctor.

take care

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks! Have a lovely evening

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern.

I have released the rating service application on your page .Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Dr kruti