Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I’ve had balantis for years and have never got it sorted

I’ve had balantis for years and have never got it sorted could it be cancer

Good evening, I believe I may have been chatting with you the other evening.

Balanitis isn't a cause of cancer, but can lead to scarring of the glans and foreskin. Untreated balanitis will inevitably result in needing a circumcision, but if minimal scarring and a retractile foreskin, this should be managed with topical anti fungal medication and topical steroids.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My doctor has checked my penis would he of noticed the scarring
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Have a read of this, you will see it refers to phimosis and no mention of cancer

Yes, scarring would mean retracting the foreskin is painful and would feel like it is stuck/sticky

It is not serious/life threatening so please do not be worried. But presumably if the doctor thought you had balanitis they would have given you treatment for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope I went to normal doctor and he said it looked fine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have constant pain and burning in it and can’t control my bladder

Excellent, why are you concerned about balanitis then?

I see, this is more suggestive of either a UTI or Urethritis. Have you had a urine dip and sexual health screening?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Because I had a build up of Smegma when I was younger

That's quite normal

And it wouldn't cause pain or burning

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Symptoms are pain on penis shaft and red dot that has never gone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
constantly needing toilet if I drink loads of water

To check the cause you will need a urine dip to exclude infecion, a urethral swab to exclude an a urethral infection and bladder ultrasound to assess your post void residual which if raised suggests problems with your prostate or bladder.

If you drink lots of water - it would be normal to constantly need the toilet...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are these symptoms serious

I am very sorry but I didn't realise how late it is. I can continue replying tomorrow if you like, but you need those basic tests doing.

I am happy to speak for 10 minutes if you want to ask much more and discuss these symptoms - this may save you asking a few different threads.

I am however happy this is nothing serious. I run a Urology urinary flow service so am confident you needs those tests.

Hope I have been of some help to you.

I will hang on for a few minutes, let me know if you want to chat, I appreciate it isn't free, so do not feel obliged to

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I drink tons of water and go toilet like 15 times a day because I’m drinking so much , I have burning sensation a lot and sometimes burn when I pee, I have red spot that has never gone and have little red spot that has never gone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve had this for about 5 years

I am not sure if it has, but hope that has made a call cheaper. If not, I will message you back in the morning.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One last thing my pee squirts sometimes is that normal or is that from not pulling foreskin back

If your foreskin is not retracting when you pass urine, it is common it will obstruct your urinary flow and therefore will not be straight. This is normal. If you pull the foreskin back and this continues, I would speak with your GP

Has this been of any help to you?

Please could you kindly rate my response to your question, many thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can a gym clinic test for bacterial penis infection
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gum

Of course.

Would you mind providing a rating for my response please, obviously an honest one, I would rather be of help to you than not.

I hope I have been able to reassure you and have advised you what you need to do for your symptoms you describe.

I appreciate more questions will arise, I am more than happy for you to continue this thread instead of opening a new one (I believe they last for about 7 days before timing out)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah I will now , I think I could be allergic to sorbitol

No problem, the rating allows me to receive a small percentage of your fee that you have already paid JustAnswer. I am happy to continue if I have this commitment from you. Thanks