christos kasparis
christos kasparis, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBChB, MRCP, FRCP (Lon)
109039644

Please advice what this might be

Please advice what this might be

Hi I am Dr Kasparis, Dermatology Consultant, I will review the photo . Can I ask how long you have had the form and do you get symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I noticed it a few days ago no itching no discharge. I also smoke

Thank you I will reply shortly

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks

Thank you for the photo, I have had a chance to have a good look. The whitish little bumbs at the corner of the opening to the vagina look like little papillomas (warts). They can be treated with cream therapy or freezing therapy (cryotherapy) but you would need to visit your nearest GUM (Genitourinary) clinic for that. They will make a full assessment and offer you the treatment.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
these are genital warts ? I have been treating with Aladara

They do look like that yes. How long have you used Aldara for and how frequently do you apply it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A few weeks now 3 times a week

Usually if there is no improvement after 1 month of treatment with Aldara (every other day) a different option may need to be used like cryotherapy or scraping under local anaesthetic. HAve you been seen at GUM?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Due to corona they are not treating. Warts. They send me the cream to use

I see . Once they re-open do book in and they will most likely offer you cryotherapy. You could continue with Aldara but I doubt it will be effective.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks you very much. I have also been informed it could be leucoplakia patches of depigmentation what do you think about that ??

They don't look like leucoplakia, they are quite distinct and raised much more in keeping with warts. If there was any doubt they will scrape them off for you and send for analysis but it doesn't look like that.

I hope you are happy with the answer let me know if you need anything else. Please rate the answer at the end as this is the only way of receiving some credit for it. Many thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks you very much for the help