Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

Would you please be able to advise regarding how wrinkles

Good afternoon.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Would you please be able to advise regarding how wrinkles can appear? I am a 31 years old man and I can see clear signs of wrinkles under my eyes
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I used day and night cream from Olay and an eye serum from L’Oreal twice - but I only then saw that the l’oreal eye serum is for women over 40 years old. Would this be a factor? That my skin didn’t need those substances? my vision is fine, no problems
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: also I have developed a nervous thing in which my eye muscles twitch periodically - I was thinking that by closing the eye the skin got its wrinkles, combined with the use of those creams?

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service. The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it using the paper clip sign just above the space where we are typing

In case you cannot send a picture, please let me know.

Thanks. Regards.

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for responding.
Please see a picture attached.

Thanks for the pictures. i will review them and get back to you in 5 - 10 mins with my recommendations.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I would just like to add that before using the creams there were only a few fine lines and the one closest to the eye has appeared over night after using the cream/ night treatment, after the first night.
I want to know what can I do in the future and do you think that I could do a plastic surgery to remove the wrinkles - and if so, which treatment/surgery do you think would work? Thank you

hello

Thanks for your patience.

i reviewed the picture. I can understand your concern.

wrinkles are quite prominent in your case.

they are definitely not due to the creams.

they are due to repetitive facial muscle movements - in your case the periodic twitching.

also effects of sun and visible light (known as photoaging ) may be contributory.

wrinkles can be corrected with procedures.

but new wrinkles can be prevented by getting the twitch corrected.

for the correction of the twitch, botulinum toxin is injected into the muscles, which remedies the twitch for 4- 6 months till the effect of the injected botulinum toxin continues.

for correction of wrinkles, botulinum toxin will help to some extent and fillers(hyaluronic acid gel) will need to be used to inject the area where wrinkles are present.

Prevention is with application of a sunscreen thrice daily.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your answer, it provides some of the answers I wanted.
However, my concern is that the twitch was here for about 3 years and the lines got deeper only after I started using those creams. I do wear sunscreen FPS 50 but only once a day and I don’t stay out that much.
I heard that there is a new laser technology that eradicated wrinkles - is that any good or is it just advertising?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry, I also wanted to ask how long would the fillers last?

lasers do help, you can surely give it a try.

fillers last for 10- 12 months.

photoaging occurs due to visible light , i.e phone screens, laptops n tv screens, cooking gas, tubelights and lamps.

hence a sunscreen needs to be applied even when indoors.

usually, creams do not have the properties to cause wrinkles( allergic reactions wont cause wrinkles). Nevertheless you need to stop using those creams.

i hope I have been able to answer all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for all your answers and recommendations. I will take them into consideration.
I will come back if I have more questions.
Thank you again and have a nice evening!

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern. I will be glad to assist you in case you have any queries.

I have released the rating service application on your page. Please rate my response, this is the only way I can be credited for providing answers. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time (at the top of the screen). By clicking on the last star, all will get clicked together.

Thanks. Take care.

Dr kruti