GauravMD
GauravMD, Dr
Experience:  MBBS, DCH, DNB (MD), with special interest in Dermatology
239748

My son is 22 and has very very bad acne on back chest neck I

Customer Question

My son is 22 and has very very bad acne on back tum chest neck I use apple cider vinegar which helps. We saw a specialist 3 years ago with creams bath stuff lotions nit do any good. He suggested a tablet with an awful lot of side affects my son didn’t want to risk it. I think ge needs to takes something from the inside to help the outside. I Kniw it worries him I wound like to help. Have you any ideas please.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: Hi my son is 22 very very bad acne back, tum, neck we use apple cider vinegar which helps but he needs sonething to take from inside to help outside
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No saw a specialist 3 yr ago lotions and potions didn’t work. Suggested a tablet with a lot of side affects big long name my son didn’t want to try it.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  GauravMD replied 6 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. Good day to you. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of medical experience. I’m sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
We can continue chatting here, If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it is optional & costs extra!). I would be glad to continue here either way.

Treatment of acne would be creams and daily skin care routine which further helps in acne.
I would recommend the following:-

Creams would be :-

Application of benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel once a day in the morning on the Pimples.

Application of Glycolic acid cream/ ban a tan cream or Demelan cream on full face at night for 2 hrs. start with it for 2 hours and then gradually increase the time interval to keep it overnight.

All the applications will have to be done for 6 weeks.
All these creams are over the counter.

you need to follow a routine of cleansing, sunscreen , creams daily.

cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion for acne prone skin twice daily. also neutrogena deep clean facewash to be used once daily.

Facewash has to be thrice a day. Once in the morning. Once at night. Once in the evening. With every Facewash you need to tone your skin.

Moisturizing with a light moisturizer will be better for u.

sunscreen needs to be used daily , neutrogena would be a good choice.

A sun screen when once applied lasts for only 4 hrs. Hence it has to be repeated. You need to apply it atleast thrice a day.

In case the above measures do not help, then you would require Oral medication, which will be either oral antibiotics or Isotretinoin.

But it will require a prescription from your doctor. Hence whenever that is possible, that would be the ideal treatment.

But in the current situation, it may not be easy to get an appointment.

These measures will help to clear off the red marks that follow the acne, that is the natural history how acne progresses.

It would be the best to not break your acne, as that can leave marks which are difficult to treat.
Warm regards ***** ***** safe,