DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I’ve now called 111 6 times and I’m being turned away

Customer Question

Hi, I’ve now called 111 6 times and I’m being turned away telling me no one can help me so I don’t know what else to do, I’ve been told I need a dermatologist but no one is referring me I have a really bad rash on my face, in particular my forehead and around the nose, skin is really thin and red in those areas and it’s burning and if I try to wash my face skin is exfoliating and I really don’t know what to do
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 4 years ago I have had a really bad eczema outburst and it’s been treated with a steroids and antibiotic cream and it appeared again over a month ago, my doctors prescribed me a steroid cream that didn’t work then I had to go to an urgent care centre last Sunday and I’ve been prescribed Fucibet which helped with the eczema rash and I stopped using the cream on Wednesday night and Thursday morning I woke up with little red rashes but I thought nothing of it, I thought it was just the eczema going away and today is absolutely terrible. Patches are a lot bigger covering all of my forehead and nose and my skin is burning and very very tight
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: reason I stopped using the cream on Wednesday night was because the eczema actually went away and then the red dashes appeared on Thursday morning
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 7 days ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 7 days ago.

Steroid cream can cause thinning of skin and you may get relief from calamine lotion used every 2-3 hours. Please avoid soap also. If severe itch and discharge, antibiotic and oral steroid may be required. Good luck.