Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

What is the cost of this service pls. Bev, Really really

Customer Question

Hello what is the cost of this service pls. Bev
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: Really really itchy and burning scalp, have been to local GP and had symptoms for over 2 weeks
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the burning?
Customer: lo
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: L no
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 7 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us today.

Sorry if you have been waiting.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Are any of these changes noticeable with a photo? If so, can you provide one please?

Also, what did your GP suggest?

Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 4 days ago.

Good evening, in the absence of further information I will try and provide and answer for you, but please do reply if you would like to discuss this further.

An itchy and uncomfortable scalp can be caused by either folliculitis, psoriasis, eczema or a fungal infection. It it is itchy then this is more suggestive of a fungal infection therefore treatment with a antifungal shampoo such as Ketoconzole would be a good options to start.

Examination is important and certainly if the burning/pain is worsening or severe then I would be questioning a bacterial infection instead.

I hope this helps.