Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

When I wake up in the morning, colourless bumps of raised

When I wake up in the morning, colourless bumps of raised skin suddenly appear on various parts of my leg/s that go away after a while. What may be causing these and why ?

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service. The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

At the outset, I would like to inform that I will not be able to prescribe any medications as the site does not allow me to, I can give you my suggestions on how your condition can be treated.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As this happens in the morning, I will only be able to send its photo tomorrow. Thanks for your response. We will chat in the morning.

ok sure. thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bye for now.

bye. take care

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dr. Kruti, sorry for the delay in following up our chat, actually these spots did not appear since our chat untill this morning. I am attaching the pictures of these on my left leg.

ok no worries. i will review the pictures and get back to you shortly.

hello

thanks for your patience.

you seem to be having urticaria. its also called hives.

its a condition where there are red raised lesions with lot of itching.

these lesions are of various sizes and shapes and they come and go on their own. they need prompt treatment.

urticaria may be idiopathic or may have a variety of causative factors, there is a n exhaustive list available but to tell you the truth its really difficult to pin point one thing.
it can be due to food, insect bites, infection, medications, dust, pollen, animal dander, absolutely anything.

the best thing to do is to start prompt treatment for immediate relief.

tablet Allegra 180 mg orally once a day is the medicine I would recommend for atleast a couple of weeks. you may also need to extend it for 3 months to get the allergic response under control.

also you can apply calamine lotion on the rash to soothe it. twice a day till there is a rash

avoiding fish, milk, nuts for 15 days would be a good idea and see if it further helps you.

it actually varies from person to person. it may or may not be related to food. you could in fact maintain a food diary and note down all that you have eaten in the last 24 hours whenever you get a rash. you will yourself see a pattern if its food related.

please feel free to ask me in case you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Dr Shrtti.Much appreciated !!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry about the typing error Dr Shruti.

no problem, welcome

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern. I will be glad to assist you in case you have any queries.

I have released the rating service application on your page. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time (at the top of the screen). By clicking on the last star, all will get clicked together. A bonus and a positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks. Take care.

Dr kruti