Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have had problem with my skin for years. When I was

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have had problem with my skin for years. When I was younger i used Sally Hansen hair lightening cream on my upper lip and it lightened my skin.
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: i dont take any medication the symptom is the lighter skin on my upper lip
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about this?
Customer: i know it was the cream, I used it a few times and it was fine on other areas too but I recently used Jolen cream bleach around my nipples to lighten the hair and i think i didnt mix it properly, it left my skin lighter too and it was around 3-4 months ago now
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: yes they have kept telling me it was acne not lighter skin on my upper lipCustomer: Chat is completed

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us this evening.

I am sorry to hear of the problems with this cream. Are you able to provide a photo please? thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good evening, yes I can provide the photo please stay with me and thank you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (S22MZTG)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (534P127)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are there any procedures or medication which could at least minimise the damage that the hair lightening cream caused to my skin please.?

Great, thank you for these photos. So there are a few options, one is dermabrasion, chemical peels. Moving on from this there are certain products that can darken the skin, as well as reduce inflammation of the melanin which may be contributing to this.

However this is something you need to be really cautious with given the location you have the hypopigmentation. I would suggest you get referred to a dermatologist. This way they can trial treatments and review the outcome as you use it.

I hope this is of some help, but certainly some options for you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for your answer, I have tried limelight treatment for redness, microdermabrasion, hydrafacial, microneeding plus laser clear lift, the chemical peel not sure if it would help either. I am devastated because I was already told there was nothing that can be done to fix it.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I hope there is something that can help. I have had it for years now. I will try to find a dermatologist in my area and ask for help again.

That is my pleasure. Well you have certainly made a good start. You could ask your GP for a dermatology referral or alternatively seeing a dermatologist privately will cost about £200-£250.

Best of luck with this. Take care.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for your time!

My pleasure, take care.