How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 11004
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I have painless blisters that don't ooze, burst fairly

This answer was rated:

I have painless blisters that don't ooze, burst fairly quickly upon creation and dry heal with scab after a day on my face, genitals and armpits, what could it be?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.
I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.
Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Have you shown a doctor for this?

Can you send a pic?
Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.
You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I am 26 year old black female,
Because of covid I could only send pictures to my doctor and he does not know what it is. Sorry my phone has low camera quality hopefully this will be good enough. I can always take more if needed
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
File attached (2GVS22T)

Thank you, ***** ***** reviewed your pics. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

This is something for which you should see your GP, and preferably a dermatologist.

There are a number of causes of such recurrent blisters:

Bullous Impetigo: this is an infection by staph bacteria that causes such blisters

Drugs: some medications like barbiturates, furosemide, etc can cause such blisters

Autoimmune blister causing conditions:

  • epidermolysis bullosa acquista
  • IgA-mediated bullous dermatoses
  • pemphigoid
  • pemphigus

These are some of the likely conditions for you.

Note down these conditions and discuss with your GP.

You may need further tests and investigations.

Discuss with your GP whether you should be referred to a dermatologist.

Meanwhile, do not prick the blisters. Do not rub them. Keep the areas clean.

But do show your doctor at the earliest, this is something which needs a doctor's examination.

I do hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and help you in knowing what to do next. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Very quick to answer.

Glad that I have been able to help. Have a great day!