How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dermadoc Your Own Question
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 3922
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dermadoc is online now

I have a lot of small itchy bite like lumps on my forehead

Customer Question

Hi - I have a lot of small itchy bite like lumps on my forehead and some larger welt type lumps on my head which are really itchy and sting
JA: When did the itchiness first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: 2 days ago and no medication
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the itchiness?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 10 days ago.


Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

i can understand how worried you may be about it.

I will try to give you suggestions which help.

The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sure - see attached, they are quite stingy and now round my eyebrow/eye also and also itcy
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 10 days ago.


thanks for your patience.

you seem to be having urticaria. its also called hives.

its a condition where there are red raised lesions all over the body with lot of itching.

these lesions are of various sizes and shapes and they come and go on their own. they need prompt treatment.

urticaria may be idiopathic or may have a variety of causative factors, there is a n exhaustive list available but to tell you the truth its really difficult to pin point one thing.
it can be due to food, insect bites, infection, medications, dust, pollen, animal dander, absolutely anything.

the best thing to do is to start prompt treatment for immediate relief.

tablet Allegra 180 mg orally once a day is the medicine I would recommend for atleast a couple of weeks. you may also need to extend it for 3 months to get the allergic response under control.

also you can apply cortisone lotion on the rash to soothe it. twice a day for 2 weeks.

avoiding fish, milk, nuts for 15 days would be a good idea and see if it further helps you.

it actually varies from person to person. it may or may not be related to food. you could in fact maintain a food diary and note down all that you have eaten in the last 24 hours whenever you get a rash. you will yourself see a pattern if its food related.

please feel free to ask me in case you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Expert:  Dermadoc replied 10 days ago.

Tab. Claritin 5 mg once a day can be taken instead of Tab. Allegra 180 mg.