Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

My skin constantly does have spots, I’ve tried so many

Customer Question

my skin constantly does have spots, I’ve tried so many creams for my skin but it never seems to work I just want my skin to be clear
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the spots better or worse?
Customer: A few years, when I’m on my period that’s when they’re the worst for about 2 weeks and then it will clear but never will my skin be clear properly
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: not that I know of no
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

i can understand how worried you may be about it.

I will try to give you suggestions which help.

The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (41ZSM3Q)
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

hello

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 10- 15 mins to type down my recommendations, so that I could help you in the best possible way.

Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

hello

thanks for your patience.

Treatment of acne would be creams and daily skin care routine which further helps in acne.

I would recommend the following:-

Creams would be :-

Application of Azelaic acid gel 10 % once a day in the morning on full face. you need to apply a sunscreen over that.

Application of Adapalene gel on full face at night for 2 hrs. start with it for 2 hours and then gradually increase the time interval to keep it overnight.

All the applications will have to be done for 8-10 weeks.

you need to follow a routine of cleansing, sunscreen , creams daily.

cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion for acne prone skin twice daily. also neutrogena deep clean facewash to be used once daily.

Facewash has to be thrice a day. Once in the morning. Once at night. Once in the evening.

Moisturizing with a light moisturizer will be better for u.

sunscreen needs to be used daily , neutrogena would be a good choice.

A sun screen when once applied lasts for only 4 hrs. Hence it has to be repeated. You need to apply it atleast thrice a day.

In case the above measures do not help, then you would require Oral medication, which will be either oral antibiotics or Isotretinoin. But it will require a prescription from your doctor. Hence whenever that is possible, that would be the ideal treatment. But in the current situation, it may not be easy to get an appointment.

These measures will help to clear off the red marks that follow the acne, that is the natural history how acne progresses.

It would be the best to not break your acne, as that can leave marks which are difficult to treat.

Avoid using too much make-up and cosmetics. Use water-based products that are described as non-comedogenic. This means the product is less likely to block the pores in your skin.

• Completely remove make-up before going to bed.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the best thing for me to do would be to wash my face more?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would you be able to write a list of the products I should buy if possible please
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You would ideally need to wash your face three times a day.

Products-

1. Azelaic acid 10% gel

2. Adapalene gel

3. Cetaphil anti acne facewash

4. neutrogena oil free moisturizing cream

3. neutrogena sunscreen.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How would I use each one of them products
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

Creams would be :-

cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion for acne prone skin twice daily.

Moisturizing with a light moisturizer will be better for u- neutrogena oil free moisturizer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If this doesn’t work what would you then suggest me to do?
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 8 days ago.

In case the above measures do not help, then you would require Oral medication, which will be either oral antibiotics or Isotretinoin. But it will require a prescription from your doctor.