Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

Have red sore patches on my head and face -they started

have red sore patches on my head and face -they started about 2 years ago -i have different creams i.e. cortisone -steroids from the doctor and ive tried everything from the chemist -nothing help they start as a spot and group they go red and get a thin flaky skin but do not heal and come back time again-my forehead is the worste byt i have them on my face and maybee on the top of my skull- is there any private course i can go
JA: When did the sore first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: over 2 years -yes every cream you can name
JA: Got it. When was your last visit to a dermatologist?
Customer: the doctor has never sent me to a dermatologist-i just get fobbed off with some cream and told its good news its not cancerous
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: i am 72 in had angioplasty in march-i have type 2 diabetes

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.
I’m sorry to hear about your problem. I know how worrisome this situation can be for you.
Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Can you send a pic?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.
You may get a message asking for a phone call which is generated automatically by the website, if you accept this I can help you over phone also. If you do not want a phone call, which is a premium service and costs extra, simply ignore this, I will help you through chat.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
72 male where do i send a picture to

Please use the paperclip icon at the top bar of the chatbox to attach an image. The paperclip icon can be seen along with other icons like 'B', 'I', etc at the top bar of the chatbox, where we type in our text.

If you are texting from mobile, login to the JA site on your browser on mobile or laptop and then send it from the chatbox from there.

You can also download the app which will let you send the pic from the mobile.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what is your e mail as there is no icon on my computer

In that case, please send your pics to customer support, they will send it to me.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i cannot send a photo

Ok it doesnt matter.

How long have you had the spots?

Do they itch?

This is likely to be a fungal infection by a fungus called Tinea Versicolor. This can produce patches which may be either lighter than the surrounding skin or darker, reddish in color, with flakiness You will need antifungal ointments for this which you have to apply regularly.

You can use an OTC antifungal ointment like Lotriderm. This is available OTC, ask your pharmacist for this. Apply it twice daily for 30 days. The patches should gradually disappear.

If the patches are not affected at all by the ointment, other conditions need to be considered.

Conditions like eczema, bacterial infections, etc might also cause somewhat similar patches.

For now, try with the OTC antifungal ointment. But if you do not see any change after applying for about 20 days, then you should approach your doctor, preferably a dermatologist. If the sores persist after this you have to ask your doctor for a referral to a dermatologist.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
Please rate the answer 5 stars if you have been helped by the answer to show your acceptance. A bonus is always welcome!
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
about 2 years but getting worse and spreading-they do not heal and break out repeatedly -theyare sore to the touch

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thank you for your advice-i will try the OCT ointment-but ive probably had that allready-i will ask to be seen by a-dermotologist- but it is now impossible to even see the doctor

Yes I understand, the situation is difficult.

If it persists after this, it may also be a bacterial infection.

In that case you will need an antibiotic for this.