Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have seborreic dermatitis i used ketokonazole every day

I have seborreic dermatitis i used ketokonazole every day two times per day during 10 weeks then i stopped using it, and the other day i had a flare up in one check as you can see in the photo i did not use the ketokonazole for the flare up for 2 days then the skin changed a little bit in apperance there, is this skin going to get back to normal someday or this is permanent change? Should i continue using ketokonazole only for the flare ups?

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, I am a UK GP and happy to help.

Are you able to provide a clearer photo of this rash please?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
File attached (PQZLSPQ)
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
It resembles a mosquito bite but no mosquito bited me but i have zeborreic dermatitis
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I started using ketokonazole in the cheeck the 3rd day i noticed this

Okay thanks, ***** ***** do not think the inflamed spot is to do with dermatitis, this could have been a follicle, Often would settle within a week. If sore you could use something like sudacrem, but any sign of it spreading/turning yellow then a topical anti biotic may be better such as Fusidic Acid.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Are you talking about the red folicle ( like ) that is next to my mouth?

yes

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I was talking more about the thing that is above that in the cheeck
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Just at the same level that the nose

Okay thank you, ***** ***** is rather difficult to see on this photo

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
In the middle of the cheeck
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
File attached (22S7PL7)
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
File attached (P3TTS2P)
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Maybe you could see it better here?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
File attached (4GPP436)
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
File attached (2S2MGLL)
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Could seborreic dermatitis leave permanent damage to skin? Or someday seborreic dermatitis skin is able to get back to normal?

Thank you for the photos, sorry for the delay. These changes can be from more chronic inflammation. So there are things you can do to settle it and treat it, therefore hopefully not a permanent thing.

This sort of inflammation can be from dermatitis as you say, in which case a topical steroid may be beneficial. Alternatively get someone to have a closer look incase this could be Rosaces in which case a topical antibiotic would be more beneficial.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Someone told me it is a mix of rosasea and dermatitis

Okay, so the treatments are rather different, rosacea uses topical Metronidazole antibiotic cream,