Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I'm really suffering with persistent pustules around my

Hi, I'm really suffering with persistent pustules around my mouth and they are spreading to my chin.
JA: When did the pustules first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Yes I consulted a private Derm and she prescribed Eumovate and Treclin gel - though I think the prolonged use of Eumovate has made it worse - in total this is at least 8 weeks since it started at the corner of my mouth
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the pustules?
Customer: Yes I sent photos and she advised it was perioral dermatitis and to use the eumovate for 5 -7 days but I am scared to use it again
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I have taken Isotretinoin which cleared my acne but I still have hormonal outbreaks - this is the main part of my problem right now, I have had various reactions to products on my face so my skin is very sensitive.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

And please ignore any phone requests, these are generated automatically by Just Answer beyond my control.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Can you send me a picture of this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no problem thank you I will send the photos from today

I will await.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here are the photos from today
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
By the way I am in the UK is this going to be a problem?

No.

Any new partners? ANy history of STI?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have a history of HPV and Also HSV2
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
but never had cold sores around my mouth
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have had new casual partners since this happened - oral sex

It is likely form HSV1, I would advise you to start acyclovir cream and get your swab test done.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i am now taking aciclovir tablets for outbreak of HSV2 is it the same or do I specifically need cream too?

Continue taking these.

But get repeat swab done anyways.

Would you kindly give 5 rating to this consult. It would be highly appreciated.