Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have bumps on my pubic area that I've been told by my

Hi there, I have bumps on my pubic area that I've been told by my doctor are not an Std but they're also not ingrown hairs. What could they be?

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are they painful or itchy or burning?

2. Since how long have you had them?

3. Was there any unknown unprotected sexual contact before these started please?

4. In what way are they bothering you except for the appearance?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They can itch sometimes but not often
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There was no sexual contact before these started
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They do not seem to be filled with liquid or pus
Please hold on.

Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema.

The other possibility is contact dermatitis.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, redness, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

5. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

I usually suggest this with excellent results.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GO-USA-ENG-PS-Aveeno-GP-BM-RN-Body_NB_Eczema&utm_content=Eczema+-+Lotion&utm_term=%2Beczema+%2Blotion&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yXOYAMZVQerVzzTfmF-7nvL1To9FnWMe8x-G1kMsFvwhtTu364_csaApB3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yXOYAMZVQerVzzTfmF-7nvL1To9FnWMe8x-G1kMsFvwhtTu364_csaApB3EALw_wcB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Very much appreciated
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.
Happy to help. If you feel I had helped you, a positive feedback is solicited and highly appreciated.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.