Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz,
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I need a quick consultation with a doctor, preferably

Hello, I need a quick consultation with a doctor, preferably Podiatrist, because the concern is regarding my right foot, more precisely I have weird brown spot on my skin right next to left side of my thumbnail. I want to know how serious is my issue, I discovered it recently.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

And please ignore any phone requests, these are generated automatically by Just Answer beyond my control.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Can you kindly send me a photo of this spot please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
give me 2 minutes
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (MP6TGQ2)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There's brown spot on left side of my thumbnail its UNDER my skin, for me visually it looks like it would be separate kind of tissue.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But It doesn't not hurt on it's own, nor if I apply pressure.

This is a fungal infection of nail bed, there is nothing to worry about. I would advise you to use terbinafine cream twice a day for 14 days atleast. There is nothing to worry about. Clean you feet daily and keep them dry.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Should I be concerned about it, that it might develop in more serious issue?

No, abviously not. Take this medication and it will be fine.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Alright, thank you very much for your answer! I will be visiting Podiatrist this Friday, lately had multiple issues with right thumbnail, this one just appeared very recently.

That's good. Can you kindly rate this consult 5, it would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Before I do that, I just wanted to clarify one thing, the reason I got this infection is because I presumably did not wash my feet good enough?

Or kept them dry enough

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Oh, the latter might make more sense in my particular situation.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Alright, thank you very much for your assistance! I will grant you 5 stars!