Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

My baby daughter has some lighter skin patches on her skin

My baby daughter has some lighter skin patches on her skin and I am worried it might be vitiligo. How much would an appointment be?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: 2 months ago, no major changes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The mother has eczema

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, I can't find the paper clip sign
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do I have to pay £34 for the advice?

alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

I can give you the advice right here in a text format, I do not know about the payment bit as the site handles it.

But since you can send me text messages in this chat, you will be able to receive my recommendation too here.

Hope that helps

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't know how to do the link on google

Do you see an add files option at the bottom of the page?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No, perhaps it's because I'm using my phone

Ok no problem.

Could you let me know whether the patches are just a shade lighter (or off white) in colour.

Or are they milky white in colour?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bbKqrSvDRSJK7OFaHr7LQ3zmQH5pdqp9/view?usp=drivesdk
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bdPJ8Fg102KO8pxGAkgIfRTo-5mYB29M/view?usp=drivesdk
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmLbnPGvw3qokQSIWoVVXFAqVG4S1tKT/view?usp=drivesdk

hello

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 10- 15 mins to type down my recommendations, so that I could help you in the best possible way.

You will need to change the setting to allow access to anyone with link.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The settings on Google drive or here?

Please message me once you change the setting, I will check it immediately.

The setting on your google drive

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think it's good now

ok sure, i will immediately have a look.

Thanks for your patience.

I can understand your concern.

I reviewed the pictures.

It is surely not vitiligo.

it is like a birth mark. We call it the lines of Blaschko around which it has occurred.

There is nothing to worry.

It will not progress all over the body. But there is no treatment that will help to treat these patches. They may get lighter as the child grows.

I would recommend that you let a dermatologist examine it once and keep it under observation atleast once every 6 months just to see how it is progressing.

Its not necessary to do it urgently but I would advise that you touch base atleast once with the dermatologist .

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

You are welcome. Take care.

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern. I will be glad to assist you in case you have any queries.

Have a great day.

Dr. Kruti