the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I have had ongoing skin issues since October...rash,

Customer Question

Hello. I have had ongoing skin issues since October...rash, itching, etc. I originally saw a sexual health doctor who said my issue was scabies. I went through the recommended course of permethrin treatment multiple times over a number of weeks. I then saw my GP about the continuing rash and itching...and he said it was not scabies! I returned to my GP in January and she prescribed betamethasone steroid cream...which has cleared up the majority of the rash. She said it could potentially also be scabies, but she wasn’t sure! I now have itching again and definitely have scabies...on my hands, wrists, feet, side torso. I have now performed 10 separate permethrin treatments over the past 4 months and it is clearly not working to kill/clear the scabies.
I’m writing to ask if you are able to prescribe something stronger for me or potentially prescribe an oral solution such as Ivermectin please?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I'mCustomer licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

If it was scabies the med would be working

See a dermatologist

I believe this is dishydrotic eczema

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello. I have now done 10 separate applications of the cream and it doesn’t seem to be working
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been referred to a dermatologist, but have not had an appointment yet

Okay try hydrocortisone cream

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can that be purchased over the counter?

yes

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks

you are very welcome :)