Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I really need a dermatologist as I really don’t know what to

I really need a dermatologist as I really don’t know what to do with my face. Every guy is different some use soap, some use shower gel, or just water. Since September I’ve always stocked to a skincare routine washing my face with a cleaner, then exfoliate and moisturise then people don’t do thatI’ve been told and just wash their face with water. So I recently stopped skincare on google and everything it keeps saying wash your face with a face wash to remove dirt then moisturiser to lock in moisture but does it really help and work. Since now I wash my face with cold water which is good I’ve been told my skin becomes really dry and looks dull not sure why and I do get breakouts often

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (412QVL1)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Since teenage years I suffered with acne and I always looked into skincare and stuck with it for years then when people tell me they do nothing to their skin and use cold water only I have stopped and I feel as though why am I wasting my moneyYes my skin gets very dry and flaky from cold water and I’ve been told to use thatA lot of men do as it wakes up their skin apparentlySo what I do right now is when I wake up, I use extremely cold water the coldest it can be on my tap and wash it calmly then pat it with a towel and use a Nivea soft moisturising cream. Is there anything bad in that routine?Sometimes I do need to pray so I do have often wash my face a couple times throughout the day, should I moisturiser again or is it too much to clog up my poresAs my acne has really calmed down, from previous years, I do not look into a skincare routine that much now but before I have used many products

The image looks flawless. No major facial skin issue here and I am glad to say this.

There is noting wrong in this daily morning routine.

Use moisturizer 2 times a day and not 4 - 5 times a day.

But stick on to the multiple times of face wash please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t use a face wash
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is col water just fine
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also is cocoa butter moisturiser good for my dry skin

That is actually more natural and physiological.

It is good - but even better natural one is coconut oil daily before sleeping.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Coconut oil before sleeping
And cocoa butter for morning?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is it fine if I use extremely cold water on face like the coldest temperature on my tap possible? As that is what I use
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t moisturise but I need to get to it which is bad
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I find face washes are okay but not great for me so I use water
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Don’t know if that is bad

Use room temperature water rather than extreme cold water.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The thing is with warm water it makes my skill really dull and not texturised
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Which is what I do not like

Not warm, room temperature - extreme cold can make the skin to break.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is that like inbetween warm and cold?

Yes please - it is room temperature water so that the skin will be not be exposed to extremes of temperature.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Lastly with a moisturiser I do wash my face a couple times to pray so do I need to keep on reapplying?

No - do not apply as it may clog the pores.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

"A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!"

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay at night time
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t moisturise as my skin is dry

Okay.

But I can assure you that your skin looks flawless in the image.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks a lot

Happy to help.