How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 35378
Experience:  MD
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have a red circular mark at the top of my arm near my arm

This answer was rated:

Hello,I have a red circular mark at the top of my arm near my arm pit which has been there about three/four years now. It has very slowly getting bigger and is now around the size of a 10 pence piece. The skin is not broken, or irritated, it's just there!!I am on medication for MS called Fingolimod which can cause skin abnormalities - but no idea if this is related.If I send a picture of this, could you help me identify it?

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This looks like a condition called FDE or fixed drug eruption.

Commonly triggered by one of your medications.

Not usually serious.

Topical steroid like Clobetasol cream can tried daily.

Dr Basu and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you